Posted to jdo-user@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com> on 2010/09/03 19:05:55 UTC

Re: Generate dynamic tables using JDO

Hi khan1987,

Generating new tables is not a standardized feature of JDO itself,
although JDO metadata does have sufficient information for the
implementation to generate tables from your description of them.

Implementations are able to generate tables for you. I'd suggest
looking at documentation and product literature for the
implementations you're looking at and see which of them do the job
you're looking for.

Please see http://db.apache.org/jdo/impls.html for a list of known JDO
implementations for more details.

Best regards,

Craig

On Aug 26, 2010, at 11:06 PM, khan1987 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to generate new tables dynamically. Is it possible with JDO?
>
> i.e., Generation of table depends on the UI user. The table name and
> fields
> should be the one given by the UI user.
>
> Think that my application is more or less like a db admin.
>
> Thanks..

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Generate dynamic tables using JDO

Posted by Awais Bajwa <aw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Khan1987,

I dont see any logical reason of dynamic table generation using JDO, it is
not ment for that.

You should intereact with JDBC directly for this purpose.

--
Awais Bajwa
+1-862-222-6680