Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/12 16:09:31 UTC

What is replacement for ClientContextConfigurer.setAuthSchemePref ?

ClientContextConfigurer.setAuthSchemePref is deprecated.
The comment says "to be replaced with a special parameter in 4.1"

As trunk is heading towards 4.1, perhaps this method should now be removed?
Or at least the comment should say what the replacement is.

Re: What is replacement for ClientContextConfigurer.setAuthSchemePref ?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 11:08 +0000, sebb wrote:
> On 12 December 2010 18:44, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 15:09 +0000, sebb wrote:
> >> ClientContextConfigurer.setAuthSchemePref is deprecated.
> >> The comment says "to be replaced with a special parameter in 4.1"
> >>

> > These parameters are AuthPNames#TARGET_AUTH_PREF and
> > AuthPNames#PROXY_AUTH_PREF
> >
> > http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-dev/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/auth/params/AuthPNames.html
> >
> >> As trunk is heading towards 4.1, perhaps this method should now be removed?
> >> Or at least the comment should say what the replacement is.
> >>

> > We can't remove it in a minor release. It's been marked as deprecated.
> > That should be good enough.
>
> But the way I read it, the comment says that the method will be
> replaced in 4.1.
> It will look odd if the method is still there in 4.1.

Feel free to remove the comment. Or replace it ;-)

Oleg

Re: What is replacement for ClientContextConfigurer.setAuthSchemePref ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12 December 2010 18:44, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 15:09 +0000, sebb wrote:
>> ClientContextConfigurer.setAuthSchemePref is deprecated.
>> The comment says "to be replaced with a special parameter in 4.1"
>>

> These parameters are AuthPNames#TARGET_AUTH_PREF and
> AuthPNames#PROXY_AUTH_PREF
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-dev/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/auth/params/AuthPNames.html
>
>> As trunk is heading towards 4.1, perhaps this method should now be removed?
>> Or at least the comment should say what the replacement is.
>>

> We can't remove it in a minor release. It's been marked as deprecated.
> That should be good enough.

But the way I read it, the comment says that the method will be
replaced in 4.1.
It will look odd if the method is still there in 4.1.

I can fix the comments accordingly, but it would be useful to know
when it was deprecated.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.