Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2006/01/12 16:33:45 UTC

possible problem RC on windows

Hi,

We may have a problem on windows regarding MNG-1927 and I was wondering
if any Windows users who are familiar with the bootstrap could bootstrap
the maven-2.0.x branch and tell us if it0088 is failing for them.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

A man enjoys his work when he understands the whole and when he
is responsible for the quality of the whole

  -- Christopher Alexander

Re: possible problem RC on windows

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We may have a problem on windows regarding MNG-1927 and I was wondering
> if any Windows users who are familiar with the bootstrap could bootstrap
> the maven-2.0.x branch and tell us if it0088 is failing for them.

A user sent me a zipped up directory of it0088 and it's simply an
escaping problem with "\" in paths placed into properties files. So
everything is working correct in Maven and it's a bug in the test.
Thanks for all the help.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Re: possible problem RC on windows

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-building-m2.html

> Wendy

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.

  -- Unknown

Re: possible problem RC on windows

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com>.
looks like HTTP-timeouts, from what I can see...

-j

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Rod Coffin wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I checked out the 2.0.x branch and ran the bootstrap.  Twelve
> integration tests failed for me including it0088.  I'm attached the
> output of the bootstrap to this message.  I hope this helps.

Thanks for trying but it looks like that ibiblio, our own worst enemy,
was the cause of many of the failures. They all passing on Linux and
Solaris and it0088 is failing on Windows. So really looking for
verification of that.

> Regards,
>
> Rod
>
> On 1/12/06, *Jason van Zyl* <jason@maven.org <ma...@maven.org>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     We may have a problem on windows regarding MNG-1927 and I was wondering
>     if any Windows users who are familiar with the bootstrap could
>     bootstrap
>     the maven-2.0.x branch and tell us if it0088 is failing for them.
>
>     --
>
>     jvz.
>
>     Jason van Zyl
>     jason at maven.org <http://maven.org>
>     http://maven.apache.org <http://maven.apache.org>
>
>     A man enjoys his work when he understands the whole and when he
>     is responsible for the quality of the whole
>
>     -- Christopher Alexander

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)

Re: possible problem RC on windows

Posted by Rod Coffin <rf...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We may have a problem on windows regarding MNG-1927 and I was wondering
> if any Windows users who are familiar with the bootstrap could bootstrap
> the maven-2.0.x branch and tell us if it0088 is failing for them.

I have a win98 image for vmware if you really want to test on legacy
systems; its small enough to fit into a CD and will host in the (free)
vmware player.

-steve