Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "razvan.ludvig" <ra...@almazsa.com> on 2012/03/09 10:56:30 UTC

Error handling issue for splitter with sharedUnitOfWork and stopOnException

Hi.

I started from the following unit test and made some changes to reproduce an
issue we encountered in our application:
https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/processor/SplitSubUnitOfWorkStopOnExceptionTest.java?r=1134194&r=1209585&r=1209585

Replace lines 67-68

With these lines:

The behaviour should be identical, if I understand the error handling
mechanism correctly, but it isn't. Removing the sharedUnitOfWork() will make
the test pass (with minor tweaks for the expected values).

For more fun, comment out the following line. It will generate a
StackOverflowError.

Cheers!

Re: Error handling issue for splitter with sharedUnitOfWork and stopOnException

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thanks for reporting. I created a JIRA

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM, razvan.ludvig
<ra...@almazsa.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I started from the following unit test and made some changes to reproduce an
> issue we encountered in our application:
> https://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/processor/SplitSubUnitOfWorkStopOnExceptionTest.java?r=1134194&r=1209585&r=1209585
>
> Replace lines 67-68
>

> With these lines:
>

> The behaviour should be identical, if I understand the error handling
> mechanism correctly, but it isn't. Removing the sharedUnitOfWork() will make
> the test pass (with minor tweaks for the expected values).
>
> For more fun, comment out the following line. It will generate a
> StackOverflowError.
>

> Cheers!

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource