Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1998/10/18 08:21:23 UTC

IP: VB:NewsFlash: Internet Founder Postel Is Dead (fwd)

Not directly related, but...

At first I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, but am now convinced.

Posted by Simon Spero <se...@tipper.oit.unc.edu>.

Ben Laurie wrote:

> Marc Slemko wrote:
> >
> > Not directly related, but...
> >
> > At first I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, but am now convinced.
>
> It would be the world's worst joke. A great shame.

Unfortunately it appears to be true; at least the story has been picked up
by at least  major news-site.
http://cnn.com/US/9810/18/obit.postel.01.ap/index.html

Jon has been taken from us at a time when we needed him the moist. He will
be sorely missed.

Simon

Re: IP: VB:NewsFlash: Internet Founder Postel Is Dead (fwd)

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Not directly related, but...
>
> At first I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not, but am now convinced.

It would be the world's worst joke. A great shame.

Cheers,

Ben.

WE'RE RECRUITING! http://www.aldigital.co.uk/