Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Reinhard Nägele <Re...@mgm-tp.com> on 2006/12/21 13:54:39 UTC

Release plugin problem

Hi,

We use the release plugin in various projects without problems. I understand that a release cannot be performed when the project has snapshot dependencies, which makes sense.

We have always been able to release project that use snapshot versions of plugins. However, with the war plugin this is not the case. We use the 2.0.2 snapshot.

[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.BuildFailureException: Can't release project due to non released dependencies :
    org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:maven-plugin:2.0.2-SNAPSHOT:runtime

Why would this prevent a release? This is not a project dependency, but only a plugin's dependency. And as I said, other plugin snapshots don't cause problems.

Thanks,
Reinhard