Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Ruben Fragoso <ru...@tap.pt> on 2006/06/14 12:37:44 UTC

Undeloying JetSpeed Portlets

Hi, i have a problem, i need to undeploy a jetspeed portlet, but every time
i try, due to the fact that some files get locked i have to shutdown Tomcat.
I have am following this process:

		Tomcat Manager: stop portlet
		jetspeed:  going to Portlet Application Lifecycle
Manager(PALM) and delete portlet
		jetspeed:  logout user
		Tomcat Manager: stop Jetspeed
		Tomcat Manager: undeploy portlet
		Tomcat: stop/start
		tomcat Manager: stop portlet again
		tomcat Manager: undeploy portlet again

Only following this steps i can remove my portlet. So my questions are?

		Am I doing the right steps?
		Is there a way to remove a Jetspeed portlet without
stop/start Tomcat?
		What am I missing?
		Is there an application that can track "what files are being
used by what" in Tomcat/JetSpeed ?

Thank you in Advance

Ruben Fragoso

RE: Undeloying JetSpeed Portlets

Posted by Ruben Fragoso <ru...@tap.pt>.
No i am not using struts, i am using a modified version, of the J2-Admin,
portlet, the files that are getting locked are:

		portals-bridges-jsf-1.0.jar
		tomahawk-1.1.0.jar

I even tried in between, to stop the J2-Admin in the Tomcat Manager, but the
result is the same. I still have to stop Tomcat, to undeploy my version.

By any chance are you using struts in your portlet?  What files are getting
locked?

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruben Fragoso <ru...@tap.pt>.
Well i have tryed that on first stages, and with this application in
particular, that does not work =(

When you deploy a portlet the .war file is copied inside webapps directory,
and it is exploded. If you delete the war, after few seconds JS2 detect
deletion and remove the corrispective webapp. I've never had to restart the
cat doing this.

Posted by arker statis <ar...@gmail.com>.