Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2014/04/30 18:51:22 UTC

mod_spdy

I'm thinking... we should likely create a sep mod_spdy
repo (ala http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/mod_fcgid/)
instead of it being in/under trunk.

What do you say?

AW: mod_spdy

Posted by Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group <ru...@vodafone.com>.

+1 to this.

Regards

Rüdiger

Re: mod_spdy

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.

Re: mod_spdy

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking... we should likely create a sep mod_spdy
> repo (ala http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/mod_fcgid/)
> instead of it being in/under trunk.
>
> What do you say?

+1, didn't want to propose it myself and be a buzzkill.

Re: mod_spdy

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
All done:

	http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/mod_spdy/

Re: mod_spdy

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
Requested in

Re: mod_spdy

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Apr 30, 2014, at 1:16 PM, Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking... we should likely create a sep mod_spdy
> repo (ala http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/mod_fcgid/)
> instead of it being in/under trunk.
>
> What do you say?
>
> Maybe it should be a sub-project, maybe it should live in a separate httpd branch.

That's what I'm thinking... a sep subproject
just like fcgid

> What is the point of pulling in mod_spdy?
>
> A. Provide releases with existing mod_spdy feature set

Yep, for 2.2 and 2.4.

> "HTTP Server Project"-ize it and/or rescue an abandoned project?

+1..

> B. Use it as a basis for HTTP/2.0 support in some future httpd release.

Learn/use what we can.

Re: mod_spdy

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

--