Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Matthew Wizeman <Ma...@HERNDON-LAB.com> on 2001/11/21 15:05:58 UTC

Personalizing multiple PSML files

Hi,

I am trying to do a search results page that the users will be sent to from
a searching portlet.  To implement this, I was thinking that I would make a
searchresults.psml file in their directory that had only the search results
portlet on it.  Then, I could post to /page/searchresults and they would be
sent to the proper place.

It seems to work great for anon users but when someone logs in, the
customize, maximize... icons don't work properly.  If clicked, they send the
user back to the default.psml page.  Is there something special I need to do
to get these links to work right?  I would like the users to be able to use
the customize button so that they can control the look of their search
results.

Any advice you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: documentation for role, group, permission.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.

See http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg01868.html

> and why jetspeed will use turbine/turbine user psml as a default, not a
> anonymous psml.

Add  "default psml for new user" is on my list, I had not thought of using the default user.

> Question
> 1. Do you know how to change so user will copy the anomynouys' psml to the
> new user and new group.

See above

Try http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/group/apache for default.psml and http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/group/apache/news for news.pmsl

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.