Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com> on 2010/02/06 05:41:39 UTC

Moving to common-vfs trunk for vfs transport

hi,
I just checked synapse with the common-vfs trunk and it seems everything
working fine. I also tested the Samba support and it works too ( Still I
need to test the ftp support).  Now common-vfs is divided into two modules (
jars ), common-vfs-core and common-vfs-sandbox. They have the smb and webdev
support in common-vfs-sandbox.
Also note that they have removed TrueZip based patch [1] and implemented
compression file (tar, zip, jar) support as well. I am yet to check the
status of  the patch [2].
I can provide a patch to get synpase work with common-vfs trunk soon.

Rajika

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-106
[2] - http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VFS-178

--
http://rajikak.blogspot.com/

Re: Moving to common-vfs trunk for vfs transport

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com>.
hi,
I checked with the issue VFS-178, it seems that they are interested in
implementing the improvement in a generic way. Still I think it's good to
move into a patched version of the vfs trunk(with the above patch) as there
are lot of issues have been fixed and lot of improvements have been added
into vfs trunk.

Rajika

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rajika,

This is great news. We badly need to move to the VFS trunk. Synapse has been
using a custom VFS branch for way too long.

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka