Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2008/05/07 16:37:13 UTC

Question about it0074

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering about what it0074 is trying to accomplish. It's
failing with the trunk version of Maven, and when I started digging
into it, the description in the POM and the corresponding JUnit test
case don't seem to match either the POM configuration or the code in
the unit test. In general, I think it's a good idea to move away from
using core plugins inside integration tests since it makes the ITs
vulnerable to all sorts of external changes (I know, this used to be
normal). I honestly don't remember whether I was the one to write
this integration test originally, but looking at it now, it appears
that it's in dire need of help.

Can anyone help shed light on the purpose of this test and how it
operates, or should I just replace it with something a little clearer?

Thanks,

-john

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john
rss: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ejlife/john

Re: Question about it0074

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 08/05/2008, at 1:00 AM, John Casey wrote:

> In the POM and the unit test comments, it says it's meant to ensure
> plugin-level configuration doesn't get wiped out by execution-level
> configuration...but there is no plugin-level configuration (unless
> I'm missing something). That seems to be at least part of what's
> confusing me here.

I thought the compiler plugin had a default setting for includes?

That was my assumption, but I could be wrong.

- Brett

Re: Question about it0074

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Re: Question about it0074

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 08/05/2008, at 12:37 AM, John Casey wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm just wondering about what it0074 is trying to accomplish. It's
> failing with the trunk version of Maven, and when I started digging
> into it, the description in the POM and the corresponding JUnit test
> case don't seem to match either the POM configuration or the code in
> the unit test. In general, I think it's a good idea to move away
> from using core plugins inside integration tests since it makes the
> ITs vulnerable to all sorts of external changes (I know, this used
> to be normal).

agreed