Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/27 14:28:31 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Withdraw Tomcat Connectors 1.2.29 (was: svn commit: r916938)

2010/2/27 Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>:
> +1
>

>> If withdrawing needs a vote, here is my +1.
>>
> It does. Same as for release.
> It's been only a day since announced, so as soon
> we remove it and release 1.2.30 with fix we'll
> make less users angry.

Announcement can be sent faster than any testing for RC can be done. I
do not expect 1.2.30 release earlier than in next 40 hours (let me be
wrong). It can save some people a day.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: [VOTE] Withdraw Tomcat Connectors 1.2.29 (was: svn commit: r916938)

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 02/27/2010 04:16 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:

>>> Shouldn't we also remove the 29 files form dist and archive?
>>>

>> Once when the vote is done.
>> I'd rather see it replaced with 1.2.30 then just removing it
>> and doing the same thing all over again.
>>
>> It's ready and just waits you votes :)
>
> Sure, but voting needs testing and testing needs time, so e.g. it's
> likely I'll not vote for .30 before tomorrow. At least I would suggest
> revoking the isapi bins. Only IIS is broken and not many Win users build
> themselves.

OK. Removed windows 1.2.29 binaries completely.

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [VOTE] Withdraw Tomcat Connectors 1.2.29 (was: svn commit: r916938)

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 27.02.2010 15:54, Mladen Turk wrote:
> On 02/27/2010 03:24 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>>
>>> I just made an notice on tomcat index.html
>>> Should be enough thought.
>>> I'll also add the same notice to README.html files
>>> inside binaries/
>>
>> Shouldn't we also remove the 29 files form dist and archive?
>>

> Once when the vote is done.
> I'd rather see it replaced with 1.2.30 then just removing it
> and doing the same thing all over again.
>
> It's ready and just waits you votes :)

Sure, but voting needs testing and testing needs time, so e.g. it's
likely I'll not vote for .30 before tomorrow. At least I would suggest
revoking the isapi bins. Only IIS is broken and not many Win users build
themselves.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Withdraw Tomcat Connectors 1.2.29 (was: svn commit: r916938)

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.