Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Mu Li <mu...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/26 19:56:16 UTC

Redesign of the MXNet document site

Dear Community,

I have been working with several Amazon folks in the past few weeks for a
major update of the document website. Now we have a minimal demo at
https://beta.mxnet.io/ and would like to ask for feedback.

What's new:

1. A new theme based on the material design that looks modern
2. Re-orged all tutorials and APIs.
3. All tutorials are notebooks that are evaluated during building.
4. Each API has a separate page
5. Enabled disqus in almost every page to make comment easier.

Please check this page <https://github.com/mli/new-docs/wiki/What's-new>
for more details.

In addition, to accelerate developing, I created a separate repo for it and
enabled a CI. You can check the roadmap
<https://github.com/mli/new-docs/projects/1> for the progress when it can
be merged back into MXNet.

Please note that there are a bunch of tutorials haven't ported from the
original site yet, and the API section also has a lot of TODOs. I guess it
will last for a few months. But I would like to ask suggestions earlier for
1) how to improve the current content organization, 2) how to simplify the
process to find information, and 3) how we can improve the current theme.

Please check the demo at https://beta.mxnet.io/, the github repo is at
https://github.com/mli/new-docs. You can reply to this thread for
suggestions or just leave comments at the bottom of each page.

Thank you
Mu

Re: Redesign of the MXNet document site

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@cs.washington.edu>.
I like the conciseness of the new website. Thanks, Mu and Aron for bringing
this

Tianqi