Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Florent Gilain <fl...@direct-energie.com> on 2007/01/25 18:42:20 UTC

Sa -- lint : HOWTO know which cf file gives the problem ?

Hello all,

When i run this :

[root@mx1 spamassassin]# spamassassin --lint
[21570] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART
[21570] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
BIZ_TLD
[21570] warn: lint: 2 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for
more information

I am asking myself how to know which *.cf file is the problem...is there an
easy way to find it ?

Thanks

FLorent

Re: Botnet plugin

Posted by Matthias Fuhrmann <Ma...@stud.uni-hannover.de>.
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Jason Little wrote:

> I was wondering about the maturity of the botnet plugin and where I can get
> my hands on it again.  I used an early version of it for a while but I
> removed it because we didn't really need it and now it seems I need it again
> with all the spammers finding a way to slip a 3.7 acore by spamassassin and
> when I look at the headers its so obviously from a botnet.

this one: http://people.ucsc.edu/~jrudd/spamassassin/ ?

regards,
Matthias

Botnet plugin

Posted by Jason Little <jl...@mintcommerce.com>.
I was wondering about the maturity of the botnet plugin and where I can get
my hands on it again.  I used an early version of it for a while but I
removed it because we didn't really need it and now it seems I need it again
with all the spammers finding a way to slip a 3.7 acore by spamassassin and
when I look at the headers its so obviously from a botnet.

Jason Little
Network Admin
Mint Inc
156 Front St W suite 300
Toronto ON

Re: Sa -- lint : HOWTO know which cf file gives the problem ?

Posted by Matthias Fuhrmann <Ma...@stud.uni-hannover.de>.
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Florent Gilain wrote:

hI,

> Hello all,
>
> When i run this :
>
> [root@mx1 spamassassin]# spamassassin --lint
> [21570] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
> MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART
> [21570] warn: config: warning: description exists for non-existent rule
> BIZ_TLD
> [21570] warn: lint: 2 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled for
> more information
>
> I am asking myself how to know which *.cf file is the problem...is there an
> easy way to find it ?

either in /etc/mail/spamassasin or in $PREFIX/share/spamassassin
do for example this: 'grep RULENAME *.cf'
if you were using sa-update you can find those updated main rules in
$PREFIX/var/spamassassin/3.001007/updates_spamassassin_org
this is for 3.1.7, your path might be:
$PREFIX/var/spamassassin/3.001001/updates_spamassassin_org

result is something like:

grep ZMIde_SUBBIG *.cf
70_zmi_german.cf:header   ZMIde_SUBBIG Subject =~ /(?:Eilig
70_zmi_german.cf:describe ZMIde_SUBBIG subject suggesting business
70_zmi_german.cf:score    ZMIde_SUBBIG 1.8

so the file containing the rule is 70_zmi_german.cf in the current
directory.

regards,
Matthias

RE: Sa -- lint : HOWTO know which cf file gives the problem ?

Posted by Matthias Fuhrmann <Ma...@stud.uni-hannover.de>.
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007, Florent Gilain wrote:

> Hummm thanks a lot, it was finally easyer than i was thinking  ;-))
>
> Florent

[...]
> 70_zmi_german.cf:score    ZMIde_SUBBIG 1.8
>
> so the file containing the rule is 70_zmi_german.cf in the current
> directory.

you are welcome :)

regards,
Matthias

RE: Sa -- lint : HOWTO know which cf file gives the problem ?

Posted by Florent Gilain <fl...@direct-energie.com>.