Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Marcus Bointon <ma...@synchromedia.co.uk> on 2011/06/09 17:57:41 UTC

Removing zombie node

A while ago I removed a node (on EC2) with decommission and removed its token. It all seemed happy at the time, but on creating a column family, I get this:

Waiting for schema agreement...
Warning: unreachable nodes <ip>... schemas agree across the cluster

The IP it lists is not in the ring. How do I rid myself of this zombie node?

Marcus

Re: Removing zombie node

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Short version is, it's harmless.

A full cluster restart (all at once) would clear it out though.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra