Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/21 11:47:34 UTC

Potential Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.3 release

Hi,

I've added a 1.2.3 release tag in Jira for tagging bug fixes that
should go out already before the upcoming 1.3 release. I'm still not
decided whether cutting another patch release from the 1.2 branch
makes sense given that I'd like to release 1.3 already in March once
the JCR-733 and JCR-755 contributions from Day have landed in svn.

So, feel free to use the 1.2.3 tag for any bug fixes that should
potentially go out already before the 1.3 release. Also, if there are
users who'd like to see such fixes in a release already before (or
parallel to) the 1.3 release, please let me know so I get a better
feeling of the demand for the release. If there isn't much demand for
the release, then I'll just merge the 1.2.3 tag with 1.3 and release
the bug fixes along with the other changes in 1.3.

The current issues I've tagged for 1.2.3 are JCR-756 and JCR-758.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Potential Apache Jackrabbit 1.2.3 release

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 2/26/07, Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> wrote:
> El mié, 21-02-2007 a las 12:47 +0200, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> > Also, if there are users who'd like to see such fixes in a release
> > already before (or parallel to) the 1.3 release, please let me know
> > so I get a better feeling of the demand for the release.
> > [...]
> > The current issues I've tagged for 1.2.3 are JCR-756 and JCR-758.
>
> I see both issues resolved. There is any scheduling for this release?
> JCR-758 is critical for many users.

OK, I'll make the patch release. The current list of fixed issues (see
below) seems complete enough to warrant a release, so I'll just wait
for tomorrow for any more potential fixes (mainly looking at JCR-763)
before starting the release process. Assuming no problems during the
process, the release should be available by next week.

    * [JCR-756] - Concurrent add/remove child node operations in a ...
    * [JCR-758] - QueryResult's RowIterator.getSize returned the wrong ...
    * [JCR-761] - JCA build failure with J2EE 1.3
    * [JCR-762] - System view XML uses hardcoded sv: prefix
    * [JCR-764] - PdfTextFilter may leave parsed document open in case ...

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.

--
GIT Consultors S.L.
c\ Francesc Rover 2-B