Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com> on 2005/10/06 21:22:12 UTC

Import and Macro Warnings

    I want to use a set of macros across projects, but when I write
    scripts that integrate the builds, I start getting a lot of
    warnings, even though the build works fine.

    Duplicated project name in import. Project mix defined first in
    /Users/alan/svn/xopen/enfilade/mix/mix.ant.xml and again in
    /Users/alan/svn/xopen/xstrategy/mix/mix.ant.xml

    It's hard to imagine why I'd use the import facility if I can't
    share an imported Ant file between projects.

    and

    Trying to override old definition of task sibling-ant

    In this the override doesn't matter because the macro is only
    called by the project that's building it's siblings (dependencies) .

    Is there a way to surpress these warnings?

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com - http://engrm.com/blogometer/

Re: Import and Macro Warnings

Posted by Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com>.
* Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com> [2005-10-06 15:45]:
> * Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com> [2005-10-06 15:22]:
> >     I want to use a set of macros across projects, but when I write
> >     scripts that integrate the builds, I start getting a lot of
> >     warnings, even though the build works fine.
> >
> >     Duplicated project name in import. Project mix defined first in
> >     /Users/alan/svn/xopen/enfilade/mix/mix.ant.xml and again in
> >     /Users/alan/svn/xopen/xstrategy/mix/mix.ant.xml
> >
> >     It's hard to imagine why I'd use the import facility if I can't
> >     share an imported Ant file between projects.
> >
> >     and
> >
> >     Trying to override old definition of task sibling-ant
> >
> >     In this the override doesn't matter because the macro is only
> >     called by the project that's building it's siblings (dependencies) .
> >
> >     Is there a way to surpress these warnings?
>
>     I'm looking at the Subversion code and there seems to be an
>     effort to supress the warings with a setIgnoreProject property.
>
>     I'm not able to trigger this effect, however.

    Figured it out.

    Don't add a name attribute to the project if it's a macro file.

Posted by Alan Gutierrez <al...@engrm.com>.

Posted by Juergen Hermann <jh...@web.de>.
On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:22:12 -0400, Alan Gutierrez wrote:

>    Duplicated project name in import. Project mix defined first in
>    /Users/alan/svn/xopen/enfilade/mix/mix.ant.xml and again in
>    /Users/alan/svn/xopen/xstrategy/mix/mix.ant.xml

>    It's hard to imagine why I'd use the import facility if I can't
>    share an imported Ant file between projects.

you have 2 different files (though they have the same content), which is the
problem.

solutions:
 1. start the subant in a new java process
 2. do something like this:

<property name="mix.home" location="./mix"/>
<import file="${mix.home}/mix.xxx.xml"/>
<ant dir="other/dir" ... />

and use the same code in the subant build.xml, so that mix.home is always the
same during one ant run.

Ciao, Jürgen