Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by David Buntin <db...@econtrols.com> on 2009/05/23 00:23:53 UTC

Login works with Chrome but not IE7?

I have successfully deployed JSPWiki 2.8.1 in Tomcat5.5 and Apache2.2 on a
WinXP machine. When using Google's Chrome, a proper login attempt results
correctly in a redirect to the main page. With IE7, a proper login attempt
re-directs back to the login page.

We use JSPWiki as a common internal-use-only scratchpad within our small
company. We only want known folks using the wiki. I've configured security
to restrict any anonymous or asserted user to the login page only.
Furthermore, anonymous and asserted users cannot create an account. I
control access to the wiki via manual edits to the userdatabase.xml file.
Here are the jspwiki.policy entries:

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "All" {

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*",
"login";

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Anonymous" {

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Asserted" {

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Authenticated" {

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*",
"view";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*",
"editPreferences";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*",
"editProfile";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.PagePermission "*:*",
"modify,rename";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission "*:*",
"view";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.GroupPermission
"*:<groupmember>", "edit";

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.WikiPermission "*",
"createPages,createGroups";

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.GroupPrincipal "Admin" {

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.AllPermission "*";

  };

  grant principal com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.authorize.Role "Admin" {

      permission com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.permissions.AllPermission "*";

  };

Is there a solution to my IE7 login problem?

Thanks in advance,

David

RE: Login works with Chrome but not IE7?

Posted by David Buntin <db...@econtrols.com>.
Dirk, if IE7 works for you on jspwiki.org, then there is an issue with my
instance. Do you have any suggestion for how I might debug the IE7 problem
that I'm having on my instance of JSPWiki?

Thanks,
David
Posted by Roland Whitehead <ro...@quru.com>.
It should also be noted that although browsers can cope with domains
starting with a number, Tomcat can't. If you need to run jspwiki on a
domain with a number at the begining then the best solution is to run
a reverse proxy in Apache - as we have done with http://www.40fires.com.

Roland
--
QURU Ltd, London

Posted by David Buntin <db...@econtrols.com>.
Not sure. According to posts on this "bug" the RFCs rule out the use of
underscores in a fully qualified domain name. So technically, IE is
following the standards and other browsers are not. This suggests that IE8
will not handle underscores in the domain name either.

However, Microsoft allows underscores in computer names within a Windows
Network domain and there seem to be lots of folks out there who use them. If
you decide to host a web server on such a machine for use within your
intranet, then cookies will be broken on IE but not other browsers!

David

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.