Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/08/01 16:49:16 UTC

PSVI-via-SAX: Can we also get validate-pipeline-via-SAX?

I do like the idea of making the PSVI information available to a SAX
application via call-backs.

But as things currently stand I still have to drop down to XNI to
explicitly pass a document stream through the schema validator, if I want
PSVI information on a document which has been synthesized or processed. If
there was a canned solution for doing this, I might be able to factor the
XNI awareness out of my own code.

We'd discussed making the XNI-to-SAX converter a component; maybe a
SAX-to-XNI converter should also be a standard component in the XNI
suite.... and perhaps revalidation with or without a SAX wrapper ought to
be one of the off-the-shelf Xerces configurations.