Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/03/30 20:18:43 UTC

[Gump] Understanding build.xml vs gen

Wowww ... I've got Gump that works on my machine for my project ! cool.

Now, the last part that I don't understand is build.xml vs gen.bat. For
the moment I have not added to my workspace xml file the following part
:

  <!-- After the bootstrap -->
  <module href="project/gump.xml"/>
  <project name="gump" home="C:\gump">
    <ant>
      <property name="workspace" value="rubypad.xml"/>
      <property name="webstyle" value="stylesheet/jakarta.xsl"/>
      <property name="target" value="win2k"/>
      <property name="extension" value="bat"/>
    </ant>
  </project>

After looking at the build.xml file I am a bit confused ... It seems
there is a lot of overlap between gen.bat and build.xml. Could someone
clarify what build.xml is doing (can't find anything on the gump web
site) ? Is it a work in progress, transforming gen.bat into an Ant build
script ?

Also, I don't know how I send emails on failure. The generated build.bat
does not seem to be doing this ?

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: [Gump] Understanding build.xml vs gen

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Sorry wrong list ....