Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Mikael Petterson <mi...@ericsson.com.INVALID> on 2022/12/14 06:14:12 UTC

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Zulu\zulu-15\bin\java.exe" (in directory "C:\Users\eraonel\git\apps"): CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long

Hi,

Is there a way around this error message when I run “Debug File”?

Br,

//mike

Re: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Zulu\zulu-15\bin\java.exe" (in directory "C:\Users\eraonel\git\apps"): CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long

Posted by Arnaud bourree <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Windows there is an historical limitation to 260 bytes on file path.
Check all path in your command.
There is a registry entry to extend it to 32KB
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/maximum-file-path-limitation?tabs=registry

Regardes,

Arnaud