Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 09:24:44 UTC

Re: [Community] JPOX: LDAP and JDO, JPA

Hi Bengston,

    This sounds great, I know Alex Karasulu has a similar idea in his mind
(last night in IRC he was explaining this) and should feel happy
    after seeing your mail.

    Watch out for a mail from him.

- Kiran Ayyagari

Posted by Erik Bengtson <er...@jpox.org>.
Hi Alex and others,

I propose to use this wiki page for specifying the features needed in the
LDAP JDO/JPA.

http://www.jpox.org/servlet/wiki/display/ENG/LDAP

To give you and others an idea how we map LDAP to Java Classes.

<http://jpox.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jpox/platform/test.jdo.ldap/trunk/sr
c/resources/org/jpox/samples/directory/package.jdo?view=markup>
http://jpox.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jpox/platform/test.jdo.ldap/trunk/src
/resources/org/jpox/samples/directory/package.jdo?view=markup

Since this is an initial work, the current features are open for changes.
the source repository for the implementation:

http://jpox.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jpox/platform/store.ldap/trunk/

Regards,

Erik

Thanks Kiran for the heads up.  Yes I am very interested in what you're
trying to achieve.  More inline ...

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Kiran Ayyagari <ay...@gmail.com>
wrote:

    Watch out for a mail from him.

Yep finally got to it.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Erik Bengtson <er...@jpox.org> wrote:

Dear,

We, JPOX a data access project, are working on an interface for LDAP via JDO
and JPA APIs.

Usage e.g. SELECT FROM Person where firstName == 'Ana'

Sounds like you're trying to wrap the LDAP access model around the
relational access model.  There will be some pitfalls here and I wish I knew
enough to navigate them along with JDO APIs.  I guess we can perhaps have
some discussion around this.

Person.class is linked to "ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com" while attributes
mapped to fields.

We currently support 1-1 and 1-N relationships and will soon have a first
release.

We currently use Apache Directory for running our tests. If you see any
opportunity for collaboration between our projects please let us know.

Yes we should collaborate.  I am very interested.

Alex

Erik Bengtson
http://jpox.org

Re: [Community] JPOX: LDAP and JDO, JPA