Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/01/04 17:46:16 UTC

Re: httpclient 4.x - constant for "http.socket.receivebuffer"/SO_RCVBUF

On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 20:25 -0800, Karthik K wrote:
> Just to clarify, that still begs the question - why there is no variable to
> hint to the underlying socket factory about the send/recv buffer sizes ,
> for sockets though.
>
> Any pointers to prior discussion / documentation , behind the design
> decision would be useful. Thanks !

I personally see no good reason for messing with send/recv buffer size
settings as they usually tend to be platform specific. One can still use
a custom socket factory, though, in order to override default values, if
absolutely necessary.

Hope this helps

Oleg