Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Chris Kruk <ch...@googlemail.com> on 2012/09/19 12:57:19 UTC

Testing Amber client with local Auth and Resource server

Dear Amber Developers,

I've already done enough tests with Github configuration and I'm happy
with the outcome. I'd like to start doing some additional tests with a
scenario when Authorization and Resource server is native to Apache
Amber. I guess this scenario has been covered in client demo under
"Smart Gallery" where Authorization and Resource server are local to
the Amber application. Unfortunately when I try to use Smart Gallery
in step 0 to register application it failes with:
2012-09-19 11:43:27.870:WARN::/register
org.apache.amber.oauth2.common.exception.OAuthSystemException:
<cut>

When I was going through the source code I noticed that you use
different set of urls for Smart gallery and External applications:
 * SMART_GALLERY_REGISTER = "http://localhost:8090/oauthreg/register";
 * REGISTRATION_ENDPOINT = "http://localhost:9000/auth/oauth2ext/register";
The same for Auth and Resorce:
 * SMART_GALLERY_AUTHZ = "http://localhost:8090/oaut /authorize";
 * SMART_GALLERY_TOKEN = "http://localhost:8090/oaut /token";

 * AUTHORIZATION_ENPOINT = "http://localhost:9001/auth/oauth2/authz";
 * ACCESS_TOKEN_ENDPOINT = "http://localhost:9001/auth/oauth2/token";
 * RESOURCE_SERVER = "http://localhost:9003/resource_server";

If I would like to test Amber client with Amber Authorization and
Resource server which endpoints whould I be using? Also how can I add
user name and password or Client ID and Client Secret into Amber
Authorization server. I'd be glad for any link to the documentation or
some hints how to do it. I've already seen this page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBER which didn't give me
enough information.

Many thanks,
Chris

Re: Testing Amber client with local Auth and Resource server

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
Hi Chris,

I think this will be covered by AMBER-58 [0].

There is already a patch but I haven't got (yet) time to test.
Do you want to take a stab?

Regards

Antonio

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBER-58

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
Hi Chris,

no the patch is only on the ticket and not applied yet....
You might want to apply it in your workspace and try it...

Regards

Antonio

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
Hi Chris,

if you have applied the patch you should "forget" about Smart Gallery and use the "Generic OAuth2 Application" .
As long as I know "Smart Gallery" scenario it is used to test other things (dynamic registration )

Regards

Antonio

On Sep 19, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Chris Kruk wrote:

Hi Antonio,

I've applied this patch which gave me just a generic form which still
relays on external Authorization and Resource server, BTW "Smart
Gallery" is still failing with the same error. Could you point me to a
test suite which uses a local (Amber) Authorization&Resource server or
refer to my first email in this topic please? From your documentation
is seems this is possible and it would be nice to test this
functionality.

Many thanks,
Chris

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
Hi Chris,

I got you know :)...
Let's say that AMBEr-58 covers the client part of the example you are looking for and we like a demo for the server side part

Contribution are welcome :) and [0] is a good start point

Regards

Antonio

[0] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBER/OAuth+2.0+Authorization+Server

Posted by Chris Kruk <ch...@googlemail.com>.