Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Hao t Chang <ht...@us.ibm.com> on 2022/09/09 16:24:48 UTC

Recommended way to Enable SSL Flink Kubernetes Operator

Hi
Is there a recommended way (similar to this [1] ) to enable the SSL REST/Internal connectivity for FlinkDeployment created by  the Flink Kubernetes Operator?

First I added the required SSL config inside the flink-operator-config configmap.
The required SSL configs look like:
    security.ssl.internal.enabled: true
    security.ssl.internal.keystore: /certs/keystore.p12
    security.ssl.internal.keystore-password: password
    security.ssl.internal.key-password: password
    security.ssl.internal.truststore: /certs/keystore.p12
    security.ssl.internal.truststore-password: password
    security.ssl.rest.enabled: true
    security.ssl.rest.keystore: /certs/keystore.p12
    security.ssl.rest.keystore-password: password
    security.ssl.rest.key-password: password1234
    security.ssl.rest.truststore: /certs/keystore.p12
    security.ssl.rest.truststore-password: password

What’s not clear to me is how to Create and Mount the keystore and truststore in a FlinkDeployment CRD for the job/taskManagers to consume? Otherwise, the basic-example FlinkDeployment would fail to start with the following reason:
Shutting KubernetesApplicationClusterEntrypoint down with application status FAILED. Diagnostics java.io.IOException: Failed to initialize SSL for the blob server
Caused by: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /certs/keystore.p12

[1] https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/deployment/security/security-ssl/

Re: Recommended way to Enable SSL Flink Kubernetes Operator

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
I think you have already found the solution.

Pod template[1] is exactly what you want.

[1].
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.15/docs/deployment/resource-providers/native_kubernetes/#pod-template

Best,
Yang

Hao t Chang <ht...@us.ibm.com> 于2022年9月13日周二 07:41写道:

Posted by Hao t Chang <ht...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Biao

From: Hao t Chang <ht...@us.ibm.com>
Date: Friday, September 9, 2022 at 11:10 AM
To: dev@flink.apache.org <de...@flink.apache.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Recommended way to Enable SSL Flink Kubernetes Operator

Posted by Hao t Chang <ht...@us.ibm.com>.

[2] https://github.com/apache/flink-kubernetes-operator/blob/main/helm/flink-kubernetes-operator/crds/flinkdeployments.flink.apache.org-v1.yml
From: Geng Biao <bi...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, September 9, 2022 at 9:33 AM
To: dev@flink.apache.org <de...@flink.apache.org>
Hi Hao,
You may take a look at codes for webhook in the helm charts of the Flink k8s project as it also utilizes cert-manager to create and mount the keystore for ssl.
Best,
Biao Geng

Re: Recommended way to Enable SSL Flink Kubernetes Operator

Posted by Geng Biao <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hao,

获取 Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>