Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Daniel Richard G." <sk...@iSKUNK.ORG> on 2012/06/19 19:39:48 UTC

Issue: get-deps.sh script is not idempotent

host:/tmp/subversion$ ./get-deps.sh
[script output elided]

host:/tmp/subversion$ find . -name apr_hash.c
./apr/tables/apr_hash.c

host:/tmp/subversion$ ./get-deps.sh
[script output elided]

host:/tmp/subversion$ find . -name apr_hash.c
./apr/apr-1.4.6/tables/apr_hash.c
./apr/tables/apr_hash.c

Re-running the script may be necessary in case some packages failed to
download the first time around (zlib in my case, as the current version
is now 1.2.7 instead of 1.2.6).

A proposed patch against SVN is attached. (It also bumps the zlib
version, as that is needed anyway.)

--Daniel

(Please Cc: any replies to me, as I am not subscribed to this list.)

--
Daniel Richard G. || skunk@iSKUNK.ORG
My ASCII-art .sig got a bad case of Times New Roman.

Re: Issue: get-deps.sh script is not idempotent

Posted by "Daniel Richard G." <sk...@iSKUNK.ORG>.
On Wed, 2012 Jun 20 08:06-0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> Is it worth teaching get-deps.sh to download to a temporary file, and
> only put it in place when the download is complete? Or to run a test
> "unzip -l" or "tar tf -" on downloads to verify them before
> proceeding? Partial, interrupted downloads are a real pain in the bum.

There are more comprehensive frameworks that do this sort of thing, like
jhbuild. You'd want to be careful that get-deps.sh doesn't grow to
become another take on the same idea :-)

--Daniel

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.