Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/02/06 11:16:52 UTC

JDJ Readers Choice Awards Logo

Hi,

what do you think about adding the JDJ Logo to our website?

(from http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2002/468x60.jpg).

Is this "legal"?

Carsten

Re: JDJ Readers Choice Awards Logo

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> > Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > >what do you think about adding the JDJ Logo to our website?
> > >
> > >(from http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2002/468x60.jpg).
> > >
> > >Is this "legal"?
> > >
> > It seems to be, as http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2002/ states
> > "*Download Readers' Choice Logos for Your Web Site*"
>
> Ok, next time I have to spend more time in my sentences...
>
> I know that JDJ allows us to use the logo, but is it ok to put it on an
> Apache web site? Which means, what does Apache think of this?

> Carsten

I do not know about legal or policy issues on this. However, as
a user of the Cocoon web site, i would find it painful to have the
pages splattered with more images. The xml.apache.org web pages
are already clumsy and slow to load. Please remember that many
of us still need to work with dial-up modem connections.

Do such logos actually add any value? If you want to encourage
people to vote, then perhaps use a simple text link.

--David Crossley

Re: JDJ Readers Choice Awards Logo

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi,
>
>what do you think about adding the JDJ Logo to our website?
>
>(from http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2002/468x60.jpg).
>
>Is this "legal"?

It seems to be, as http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2002/ states
"*Download Readers' Choice Logos for Your Web Site*"

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

RE: JDJ Readers Choice Awards Logo

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2002/:
"Download Readers' Choice Logos for Your Web Site"

I guess yes... How about xml.apache.org front page - is it possible to
put there also?

Vadim