Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by John X <jo...@neasys.com> on 2006/01/21 01:55:17 UTC

tool to mount nutch filesystem

I have created a simple tool to mount nutch filesystem on linux.
http://nutch.neasys.com/ndfs/fuse-nutchfs-0.1.0.tar.gz
Check README inside for how to set up.
It is very barebone, only browse, no read/write yet.

Doug and Mike: any plan to make ndfs codes into a separate package?

Best,

John

http://www.neasys.com - A Good Place to Be
Come to visit us today!

Re: tool to mount nutch filesystem

Posted by John X <jo...@neasys.com>.
Hi, Mike,

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:18:11AM -0800, Michael Cafarella wrote:

>   John,
>
>   This is a pretty awesome idea.  Do you have any performance
> numbers or experience with it you can share?

No number yet. Just created it for my immediate use of browsing
and moving around files. It uses DFSClient.java to do real work.
My impression is that it's similar to DFSShell.java.
I might have time late this week for generating some numbers
on my testbed (only 4 nodes though). Any specifics that you are interested in?

John

Posted by Michael Cafarella <mi...@comcast.net>.
  John,

Posted by John X <jo...@neasys.com>.

Posted by John X <jo...@neasys.com>.
Hi, Sami,

Posted by Sami Siren <s....@sonera.inet.fi>.

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
John X wrote:
> Hi, Otis,
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:31:16PM -0800, ogjunk-nutch@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> NDFS + MapReduce will soon become a separate Lucene sub-project.
>>

> In one sub-project or two separately?

In one. They are closely related anyway.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: tool to mount nutch filesystem

Posted by John X <jo...@neasys.com>.
Hi, Otis,

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 09:31:16PM -0800, ogjunk-nutch@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> NDFS + MapReduce will soon become a separate Lucene sub-project.

In one sub-project or two separately?

Thanks,

John

Posted by og...@yahoo.com.