Posted to user@madlib.apache.org by Michal Jaslan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/25 08:11:31 UTC

pca_sparse_train issue

Hi,

Has anybody experienced a problem with execution of
madlib.pca_sparse_train function (madlib 1.9.1)?

I faced below exception:

[XX000] ERROR: plpy.SPIError: plpy.SPIError: compresstype "quicklz" is
not supported (plpython.c:4663)

  Gdzie: Traceback (most recent call last):

  PL/Python function "pca_sparse_train", line 23, in <module>

    return pca.pca_sparse(**globals())

  PL/Python function "pca_sparse_train", line 546, in pca_sparse

PL/Python function "pca_sparse_train"

Seems that Madlib expects that HAWQ (2.0.1) I am currently using,
supports quicklz compression alg. Which is not supported by HAWQ.

I would appreciate any hint.

Thanks

Cheers

Michal

Re: pca_sparse_train issue

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Hi,

Pivotal HDB/HAWQ 2.0.1 does not support QuickLZ compression so you must run
a script to fix that before you can use MADlib.

Details are at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/Installation+Guide#InstallationGuide-10/7/16-InstallationofMADlibonHDB/HAWQ2.0.1

The script is downloadable from:
https://network.pivotal.io/products/pivotal-hdb#/releases/2397/file_groups/487

Please let me know if that does not work for you.

Frank