Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by si...@insession.com on 2005/06/29 09:19:20 UTC

GBeanInstance should already be stopped before die() is called ERRORs during build

I don't remember seeing this error before.  I found 6 occurrances in my
build output. svn ver 202316. Ssee last msg below for an example.

    [echo] Preprocessing system-plan.xml
    [echo] Bootstrapping service deployer
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo\modules\assembly\target\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT\bin
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo\modules\assembly\target\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT\config-store
    [copy] Copying 190 files to
C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo\modules\assembly\target\installer
    [echo] Building server.jar
    [java] 16:52:51,962 INFO  [LocalConfigStore:config-store/] Loaded
Configuration geronimo.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDe
ployer"
    [java] 16:52:52,446 INFO  [Configuration] Started configuration
org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDeployer
    [java] 16:52:52,648 INFO  [SecurityServiceImpl] JACC factory
registered
    [java] 16:52:53,210 INFO  [LocalConfigStore:config-store/] Installed
configuration org/apache/geronimo/System in location 3
    [java] Packaged configuration org/apache/geronimo/System to
C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo\modules\assembly\target\geronimo-1.0-SNAPS
HOT\bin\server.jar
    [java] 16:52:53,241 INFO  [Configuration] Stopping configuration
org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDeployer
    [java] 16:52:53,272 ERROR [GBeanInstance] GBeanInstance should already
be stopped before die() is called: objectName=geronimo.de
ployer:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDeployer,J2EEServer=deployer,j2eeType=ConfigBuilder,name=EARBuilder
tate=starting

John

Re: GBeanInstance should already be stopped before die() is called ERRORs during build

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
This is a sign that there is a state machine bug.  IIRC this means
some loaded and started a gbean and then called unload without first
stopping the bean.

-dain

Posted by si...@insession.com.
Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org> wrote on 05/07/2005 08:23:49 AM:

> sissonj@insession.com wrote:
> > Jacek,
> >
> > I still get the error, now only shown twice in build output in svn ver

> > 209054 .  I don't get the classnotfoundexception that GERONIMO-673
had.

> So, it's time to report another issue. Don't you mind if I ask you to do

> so? If you don't, I will ;)

Forgot about this problem.  Created

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
sissonj@insession.com wrote:
> Jacek,
>
> I still get the error, now only shown twice in build output in svn ver
> 209054 .  I don't get the classnotfoundexception that GERONIMO-673 had.

So, it's time to report another issue. Don't you mind if I ask you to do
so? If you don't, I will ;)

> John

Jacek

Re: GBeanInstance should already be stopped before die() is called ERRORs during build

Posted by si...@insession.com.
Jacek,

I still get the error, now only shown twice in build output in svn ver
209054 .  I don't get the classnotfoundexception that GERONIMO-673 had.

20:39:37,703 INFO  [TSSBean] org/openejb/POA - Unlinked container
openejb.server:EJBModule=org/openejb/scenario001,J2EEApplication=n
ull,J2EEServer=openejb,j2eeType=StatelessSessionBean,name=BasicStatelessBean
20:39:37,703 INFO  [GenericEJBContainer] GenericEJBContainer
'openejb.server:EJBModule=org/openejb/scenario001,J2EEApplication=null,
J2EEServer=openejb,j2eeType=StatelessSessionBean,name=BasicStatelessBean'
stopped
20:39:37,703 INFO  [GenericEJBContainer] GenericEJBContainer
'openejb.server:EJBModule=org/openejb/scenario001,J2EEApplication=null,
J2EEServer=openejb,j2eeType=EntityBean,name=BasicCmp2Bean' stopped
20:39:37,703 INFO  [GenericEJBContainer] GenericEJBContainer
'openejb.server:EJBModule=org/openejb/scenario001,J2EEApplication=null,
J2EEServer=openejb,j2eeType=EntityBean,name=BasicCmpBean' stopped
20:39:37,703 INFO  [GenericEJBContainer] GenericEJBContainer
'openejb.server:EJBModule=org/openejb/scenario001,J2EEApplication=null,
J2EEServer=openejb,j2eeType=StatefulSessionBean,name=BasicStatefulBean'
stopped
20:39:37,703 INFO  [Configuration] Stopping configuration
org/openejb/scenario001
20:39:38,156 ERROR [GBeanInstance] GBeanInstance should already be stopped
before die() is called: objectName=geronimo.server:role=C
MPPKGenerator,name=SecurityEntity state=starting
20:39:38,156 ERROR [GBeanInstance] GBeanInstance should already be stopped
before die() is called: objectName=geronimo.server:role=C
MPPKGenerator,name=SecurityEntity,isWrapper=true state=starting
Completed

John

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
sissonj@insession.com wrote:

> I don't remember seeing this error before.

It's http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-673. See one of the
last log line in the issue.

> John

Jacek