Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Branden Visser <mr...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/25 20:18:33 UTC

Language specifications on HSLF file?

Hi all,

Similar to how one can get the language code on the character runs of
a HWPF file, is there something similar for an HSLF? In PowerPoint, I
can go into the outline, select all text boxes and set their review
language. Then, I can save it as a PPT / HSLF format. This UI is
fairly similar to word, however the API seems quite a bit different,
as drilling down to the character runs in the HSLF API doesn't seem to
find it's way to any kind of language code that may have been set in
the outline.

Note, I'm not trying to accurately find what the language a document
was composed in, I'm trying to find the metadata, if any, has been set
by the author of the file.

Is anyone familiar about how to access this language information in
the API, either high or low level?

Thanks,
Branden

Re: Language specifications on HSLF file?

Posted by Branden Visser <mr...@gmail.com>.
I might just add that some VB samples from Microsoft indicate that I
might be able to get through by iterating the shapes of each slide
[1]. However I've been unable to find what they reference as the
"TextFrame" of a shape so I can dig into the range and then the
language id.

I'll hope I'll get there soon, hopefully someone has the answer and
can spare some pain :)

Thanks again,
Branden

[1] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/245468