Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pooja Verlani <po...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/26 06:50:46 UTC

SOLR Multivalued field and length norm

Hi,
I understand if I query on a multivalued field, length norm takes the total
length of the multivalued field.
Is it possible to use the length of only the particular value in the array
of multivalued field? It would be easier and more efficient in searching
then.

Regards,
Pooja

Re: SOLR Multivalued field and length norm

Posted by Kevin Osborn <os...@yahoo.com>.
I too wish it worked this way, but it doesn't. I believe that this all takes places within Lucene, so there is no concept of single values or multi-valued fields. They are all just terms. The same is true with term frequency. In my case, I set omitNorms=true and then created a custom similarity factory with tf to only equal 1 or 0.