Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Dirk Möbius <dm...@scoop-gmbh.de> on 2010/12/03 18:00:02 UTC

Errors in TableRowEditor demo

I tested the recent changes to TableViewRowEditor (rev. 1041399 as of
12/02/10). Two issues:

1) When using a german locale (my system default), the edit field for
Amount goes red immediately, because the displayed value "30,00"
doesn't match the validation format mask. Oddly, "30,00" is a correct
german currency value, because in Germany "," is the decimal
separator, not ".". So I suspect that the field editor uses a
hardwired format mask "##'.'##", which works in english countries
only. When I change the value to be "30.00" the field validates
successful and I can close the row editor. But "30.00" is not a valid
german decimal value; "30,00" is.

2) When the row editor is open, I cannot click anything in the row.
Mouse events seem to be blocked or consumed. I cannot click on the
Type drop-down nor change the Date with the Up/Down arrow buttons.
Tabbing through the fields with the keyboard works, though.

This also happens with the recently uploaded Pivot 2.0 demos at
http://ixnay.biz/pivot-demos/table-row-editor.html

Regards,
Dirk.

Re: Errors in TableRowEditor demo

Posted by Dirk Möbius <dm...@scoop-gmbh.de>.
Done. PIVOT-681.

Dirk.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Dirk Möbius <dm...@scoop-gmbh.de>.
Ok, here it it.

Posted by Dirk Möbius <dm...@scoop-gmbh.de>.
Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Yeah, this is a known issue. That demo isn't fully localized. You
> are more than welcome to update it to support localized currency
> formats if you like.

I'll have a look at it.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.