Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Gary Bickford <ga...@fxt.com> on 2000/09/09 03:13:28 UTC

Associate needed.

OK Dave, Remy et al,

Here's the deal.  Some of y'all know a lot more about this than I do.  I'm just a poor
PHP-hacker diving into a new pond.

I have to provide a not-to-exceed price for this project (in phases) ASAP.  Since I'm
Java-naive, I've decided to minimize my risk by asking folks on this list to work for
me on the project, both in the planning stages (due 2 weeks ago) and at least phase 1
(the image database system) (hopefully we can have this completed in early October.)
All relevant code resulting will be available to be contributed (in a sanitized form)
to the community.

So, if anyone on this list believes they can help finalize the architecture and design
=> the no. of hours to get the system built, I will sub out a significant part of the
project.  Email me back privately if you're interested.  I really, really need someone
who knows this environment and the Java side in particular well enough to bang this
out without a lot of searching.

The only catch is this: once they see the cost, they may still opt for a commercial
package.  If so, I'll get paid for the work it took to get the design done, and you'll
get paid according to hours and rates we agree on for just that work.

If we can do this, then we'll have a good start at building the media asset management
system we've been talking about.  I still like the name Pixie :O) - any comments?
Gary B

--
"We feel that this change will be sufficient to discourage "hackers",
although it is obviously insufficient to protect a node against a

Gary E Bickford, mailto:garyb-at-fxt.com.
Web and content/asset management systems, PHP, XML, Apache, SQL
FXT Corp, http://www.fxt.com, tel. 541-383-2749