Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Petras Petkus <pe...@mitsoft.lt> on 2016/08/18 18:41:18 UTC

Saving incrementally closes the stream

Hello,

In PDFBOX-3322 I reported an issue for PDFBox v1.8.x, that
VisualSignatureParser creates an instance of COSDocument, held by
SignatureOptions, which is not closed when PDDocument instance's #close()
method is invoked. Tilman noted, that the approach "close it where it was
created" should be considered. The same behavior remains for v2.0.x. Yet I
find it curious, that this approach is not consistent -
PDDocument#saveIncremental() in PDFBox v2.0.x closes the stream it gets. If
so, I once again insist that PDFBox should close COSDocument itself and do
not require workarounds for client application to keep reference to
SignatureOptions instance till PDDocument closure.

Petras