Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com> on 2006/03/14 08:17:35 UTC

Re: JIRA & Incubation

John Sisson wrote:

> I don't like holding up progress, but my concern is how much incentive
> the project would have to move JIRA after incubation and whether it
> would be better to do it now?  Also no date has been given by Atlassian
> for when JIRA will have a better import tool - we could be waiting a
> while.  The "Has the project migrated to our infrastructure?" item on
> the status page seems misleading/pointless if a number of the project's
> services are running on external systems.

OFBiz has this problem too:

Pity it's not open source so we could fix it ourselves:->

David - did your contacts at Atlassian give you any useful information?

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.dedasys.com/

Re: JIRA & Incubation

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
FYI I believe that the open API and plugin system is sufficent to write a JIRA to JIRA import.

--jason