Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kemin Zhou <ke...@ferring.com> on 2004/03/16 23:21:00 UTC

[users@httpd] unable to start httpd

I have been using the RedHat distribution of httpd that is installed at
/etc/httpd with most component compiled as *.so

Recently I have the need to compile my own version of httpd

Here my configuration is pretty much default

./configure --with-mpm=worker --enable-auth-anon --enable-auth-dbm
--enable-auth-digest --enable-mods-shared="isapi cern-meta dav dav-fs
deflate expires headers proxy_connect proxy_ftp proxy_http proxy python
rewrite speling unique_id usertrack vhost_alias"

then
make
make install

The default installation goes to

/usr/local/apaches

When starting the server with

apachectl -f /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
Syntax error on line 232 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_isapi.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_isapi.so: undefined symbol: SetLastError

I am getting an error message.

The content at line 232 looks normal, I don't see a Syntax error

    229 # Example:
    230 # LoadModule foo_module modules/mod_foo.so
    231 #
    232 LoadModule isapi_module modules/mod_isapi.so
    233 LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so

I must be doing something wrong, Can any one give me some help?

====
I have uninstalled the old version of apache from the RedHat default
locations

Kemin

Proprietary or confidential information belonging to Ferring Holding SA or to one of its affiliated companies may be contained in the message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for the delivery of the message to such person), please do not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender by reply e-mail. Please advise the sender immediately if you or your employer do not consent to e-mail for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message represent the opinion of the sender and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views and opinions of Ferring.

Re: [users@httpd] unable to start httpd

Posted by Kemin Zhou <ke...@ferring.com>.
You are absolute right in saying the modL_isapi.so is corrupt!
After removing it from the configure module list, the newly compiled
server works fine!

I am using
httpd-2.0.48

I guess this version have something wrong with this particular package,
how do we report it to the
developers. This may also be my OS specific, there may be some lib or
include file in my system
that is doing something.

Kemin

Posted by Kemin Zhou <ke...@ferring.com>.
Well, the .so file is recently compiled and installed.
the mod_so.c is statically compiled into the server.
dynamic linking should work.

If I statically link every module then the server can start with no
problem.  Is it possible that my configuration step have some bug?
Any pointer where to look for the trouble?

Kemin