Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/27 20:11:56 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy_balancer for multiple sites

Hi all,
  I have a rather complex question (at least it is to me) so I'm going
to start with a basic setup.  I want to set up a mod_proxy_balancer
that connects multiple Apache nodes.  I have some sites in php, some
in python, and some connected to tomcat via mod_jk.  That much I have
configured in the past and can easily configure from the
documentation.  Now for the part I can't seem to find an answer for.
The servers are for my friends and I to perform development and
testing on, and we have only one single public IP.  I would like to
use mod_proxy_balancer to delegate to different servers with based on
the virtual host on the balancer.  Here is a crude ASCII diagram of
the setup I would like to do.

|      gateway/load balancer    |
|project1.nine.homelinux.com | ---- + -- Project 1 Server A
|                                          |       |  -- Project 1 Server B
|project2.nine.homelinux.com| ----- + -- Project 2 Server A
|                                          |       |  -- Project 2 Server B

Does anyone know of any documentation they can point me to?  Google
doesn't seem to return any examples other than a single load balancer
pointing to a single site with multiple nodes.  I would like to set up
my load balancer to point to multiple different nodes for each virtual
host