Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2001/08/17 08:38:38 UTC

Cocoon2 and HP Web Services Platform

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know you can now take a look at HP Web
Services Platform (HPWS), which includes a modified version of
Cocoon2, as I presented in one the recent emails on cocoon-dev:

http://www.hp.com/go/webservices

For those of you who have not read the thread of discussion on
cocoon-dev ("[C2] [2.1-dev] proposed changes to the Source
interface"), here is a quick introduction.

HP, through the Web Services Organization (which I'm part of), is
making use of Cocoon2 as _the_ framework for accessing and building
Web Services.

As part of the HPWS product, we are actively supporting and enhancing
Cocoon2 to suit the needs of Web Services. We are using Cocoon2 to
implement business level protocols like ebXML, BizTalk, RosettaNet
RNIF, and others. While HPWS is a commercial solution, very much based
on Cocoon2, we do plan to incorporate back in the open source all the
changes we make to Cocoon2's source code.

In this release of HPWS, Cocoon2 contains some initial support for
accessing Web Services via SOAP. The specific enhancements contain a
SOAP and UDDI logicsheet, both developed on top of some powerful
abstractions, which I hope to integrate in the C2 main trunk very
soon. You can take a look at the changes we've done in the source
package that's included with the release. Unfortunately there isn't
much documentation on this framework yet, but you can follow the
thread of discussions in cocoon-dev mentioned above. Hopefully the
complete solution, updated to use the today's Cocoon2 2.1-dev source
code, will become available soon.

I'm really thrilled by the possibility we have to work with such a
great community of Cocoon2 developers and users. If you have any
specific questions or concerns please let us know and we'll try to
answer them.

Best regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>
http://sourceforge.net/users/ovidiu/ (my SourceForge page)

Cocoon + MySQL-Max transaction

Posted by Sébastien Lefebvre <sl...@i2m.fr>.
Hi,

I'd like to use cocoon (1.8.2) with MySQL Max transaction .
What is the best strategy to adopt in order to make it work correctly ?
(e.g. How to set autocommit=0, begin work, commit, .... inside one set
of <esql:query> tags ?)
Thanks a lot in advance

Cheers,

Sébastien

Re: Cocoon2 and HP Web Services Platform

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Quoting Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to let you know you can now take a look at HP Web
> Services Platform (HPWS), which includes a modified version of
> Cocoon2, as I presented in one the recent emails on cocoon-dev:
>
> http://www.hp.com/go/webservices
>
> For those of you who have not read the thread of discussion on
> cocoon-dev ("[C2] [2.1-dev] proposed changes to the Source
> interface"), here is a quick introduction.
>
> HP, through the Web Services Organization (which I'm part of), is
> making use of Cocoon2 as _the_ framework for accessing and building
> Web Services.

I always knew that Cocoon2 _is_ the web service platform from the day I proposed
to have a logic components called Action even if its current implementation
isn't everybodies darling :)

> As part of the HPWS product, we are actively supporting and enhancing
> Cocoon2 to suit the needs of Web Services. We are using Cocoon2 to
> implement business level protocols like ebXML, BizTalk, RosettaNet
> RNIF, and others. While HPWS is a commercial solution, very much based
> on Cocoon2, we do plan to incorporate back in the open source all the
> changes we make to Cocoon2's source code.

Sounds very cool and of course you're very welcome.

> In this release of HPWS, Cocoon2 contains some initial support for
> accessing Web Services via SOAP. The specific enhancements contain a
> SOAP and UDDI logicsheet, both developed on top of some powerful
> abstractions, which I hope to integrate in the C2 main trunk very
> soon.

We have a version running that is able to communicate with SOAP clients as well
as normal browsers by an abstraction we call Connectors (implemented as
Actions). The Connectors responsability is to accept the client request and
transform it into an abstraction so that every client protocol can use the very
same service code. The counterpart of Connectors are Responders (implemented as
XSP pages and ev. XSLT) that knows the client protocol to transform the
abstracted response object to.

> You can take a look at the changes we've done in the source
> package that's included with the release. Unfortunately there isn't
> much documentation on this framework yet, but you can follow the
> thread of discussions in cocoon-dev mentioned above. Hopefully the
> complete solution, updated to use the today's Cocoon2 2.1-dev source
> code, will become available soon.
>
> I'm really thrilled by the possibility we have to work with such a
> great community of Cocoon2 developers and users. If you have any
> specific questions or concerns please let us know and we'll try to
> answer them.

Yes, i'm proud to be part as well :)

Giacomo