Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Doug Royal <em...@dougroyal.com> on 2015/12/31 04:16:58 UTC

ListenUDP source IP for single datagram

In the ListenUDP processor, when using the "FlowFile per Datagram" option,
I'd like to be able to track the message source IP.

I've dug through the source code, and there isn't a way to do this now.

I was wondering if anyone had an interest in, or concerns about this
feature?

Thanks,
Doug
--
:wq

Re: ListenUDP source IP for single datagram

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Doug,

Did a quick scan through and it does look like we're not exposing
this.  I agree with you that this would be cool/useful.  It looks like
this line is the one that is throwing away this useful context today:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-commons/nifi-socket-utils/src/main/java/org/apache/nifi/io/nio/DatagramChannelReader.java#L52

The return type of the receive call is a SocketAddress of the sender
and that is precisely what it looks like you'd want.  That would make
for a great flow file attribute to add.

Thanks
Joe