Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sanford Whiteman <sw...@cypressintegrated.com> on 2006/05/27 23:01:18 UTC

Re[2]: lint failure with 3.1.2

>> > internal_networks 192.168/16
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Isn't this the internal_networks entry?

Yes,  and  the warning is telling you that the value '192.168/16' (not
the    the    name   'internal_networks')   is   not   duplicated   in
trusted_networks, as would normally be expected. 3.0.x docs say:

> MXes for your domain(s) and internal relays should also be specified
> using  the internal_networks setting. When there are 'trusted' hosts
> that  are not MXes or internal relays for your domain(s) they should
> only be specified in trusted_networks.

As  for why this linted OK before, couldn't tell ya. Haven't looked at
3.1.2 yet.

--Sandy

Re: lint failure with 3.1.2

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Thanks Loren, so I guess the best rule would be to upgrade each time a new
> version is released whether its minor or major that way something like
this
> shouldn't happen again.

Well I don't know about that.  You would have hit this complaint in lint one
release sooner, and might have had more chance of noticing it in the release
documentation since it might have been in the summary.  But in the end you
would have had to do the same thing to fix the problem.

        Loren

Re: lint failure with 3.1.2

Posted by Chris <cp...@earthlink.net>.

--
Chris
Registered Linux User 283774 http://counter.li.org

Re: lint failure with 3.1.2

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.

Re: lint failure with 3.1.2

Posted by Chris <cp...@earthlink.net>.
On Saturday 27 May 2006 4:01 pm, Sanford Whiteman wrote:

> >     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Isn't this the internal_networks entry?
>
> Yes,  and  the warning is telling you that the value '192.168/16' (not
> the    the    name   'internal_networks')   is   not   duplicated   in
>
> trusted_networks, as would normally be expected. 3.0.x docs say:
> > MXes for your domain(s) and internal relays should also be specified
> > using  the internal_networks setting. When there are 'trusted' hosts
> > that  are not MXes or internal relays for your domain(s) they should
> > only be specified in trusted_networks.
>
> As  for why this linted OK before, couldn't tell ya. Haven't looked at
> 3.1.2 yet.
>
> --Sandy

Thanks, I believe I see what you're saying. I have no idea either why it
worked fine in 3.1.0.  I've commented out the internal_networks entry for
now and everything lints fine now.

Thanks
Chris

--
Chris
Registered Linux User 283774 http://counter.li.org
16:29:41 up 13 days, 4:29, 1 user, load average: 0.68, 0.41, 0.21
Mandriva Linux 10.1 Official, kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk