Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Philippe Van Der Gucht <ph...@uniway.be> on 2002/06/03 11:17:18 UTC

Multipart request and special characters

Hello struts users,

I have a weird problem with struts v1.0.2

We use a multipart html form for sending text and files.
The enctype attribute is set to 'multipart/form-data'.

When the euro curreny symbol or any other special character is entered into a
text field we get this:

javax.servlet.ServletException: MultipartIterator: invalid multipart request
data, doesn't start with boundary
	at
org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartIterator.parseRequest(MultipartIterator.java:346)
	at org.apache.struts.upload.MultipartIterator.(MultipartIterator.java:152)
	at
org.apache.struts.upload.DiskMultipartRequestHandler.handleRequest(DiskMultipartRequestHandler.java:65)
	at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:735)

What do we have to change to make this work?

Greetings, Philippe.