Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/17 16:08:55 UTC

Help setting up a new Tapestry subproject

Hi!

I have an already working JCache (JSR 107) annotations integration for
Tapestry-IoC, but built using Maven (it was suposed to be part of JCache's
reference implementation, but they refused my contribution). Now I'm
trying to convert it to Gradle so it can be a Tapestry subproject, but
with no success so far. I've created a tapestry-ioc-jcache subfolder,
copied and adapted the build.gradle from tapestry-json.

If I run gradle eclipse from the root project, it gets ignored. If I run
it from the tapestry-ioc-jcache subfolder, which I guess I'm not supposed
to do, it complains about the tapestryVersion() function not being
available.

Any hints?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br

Re: Help setting up a new Tapestry subproject

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:35:52 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Should we be adding this kind of thing now?  Can it wait for 5.5?

I had it already implemented and passing the annotation part of JSR 107
TCK months ago, but in a GitHub repository. Finally this week I took the
time to add it as a Tapestry subproject. I see no reason for it to wait
for 5.5. It's working, it's simple, it's committed to the Tapestry's Git.
If you see one, please let me know. :)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Should we be adding this kind of thing now?  Can it wait for 5.5?

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Nevermind. Stupid me. I didn't notice the setting.gradle file. (facepalm)
>

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:08:55 -0300, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
> thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi!
>>
>> I have an already working JCache (JSR 107) annotations integration for
>> Tapestry-IoC, but built using Maven (it was suposed to be part of JCache's
>> reference implementation, but they refused my contribution). Now I'm trying
>> to convert it to Gradle so it can be a Tapestry subproject, but with no
>> success so far. I've created a tapestry-ioc-jcache subfolder, copied and
>> adapted the build.gradle from tapestry-json.
>>
>> If I run gradle eclipse from the root project, it gets ignored. If I run
>> it from the tapestry-ioc-jcache subfolder, which I guess I'm not supposed
>> to do, it complains about the tapestryVersion() function not being
>> available.
>>
>> Any hints?
>>

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> http://machina.com.br

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com
@hlship

Re: Help setting up a new Tapestry subproject

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.