Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sugandha Naolekar <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/18 03:21:49 UTC

Re::!!

I need to execute a code through the propmt of hadoop,i.e; bin/hadoop>.
So, I built the jar of it using jar cfmv Jarfile_name Manifest_filename -C
directory_name/ .(in which d jars,and class files are added).
After that, I simply execute the code thro' bin/hadoop Jarfilename.

But, I get an error of Class Not found exception.

Can I please get the entire procedure of building a jar and then running it
through prompt??

Regards!
Sugandha

Re: :!!

Posted by Raghava Mutharaju <m....@gmail.com>.
I followed the jar construction step mentioned in the Usage section (link
below) and also the step mentioned to run specific classes in the jar.

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.1/mapred_tutorial.html#Usage

I replaced the classes folder with bin because thats where Eclipse puts in
the compiled classes. Since I didn't provide any manifest file, I give the
classname along with jar to hadoop.

jar -cvf Sample.jar -C bin/ .

Doing this way works for me. You can try the same.

Raghava.

Re: :!!

Posted by Sugandha Naolekar <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: :!!

Posted by Chandraprakash Bhagtani <cp...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Chandra Prakash Bhagtani,

Re: :!!

Posted by Sugandha Naolekar <su...@gmail.com>.

Re: :!!

Posted by Sugandha Naolekar <su...@gmail.com>.
Following things I did::

1) I went into the hadoop diectory- the path is
/home/hadoop/Softwares/hadoop0.19.0
2) Then I made a folder named Try under the above path. I added all the jars
under lib directory and the bin folder in which, my code lies. This bin
folder got created under the eclipse's wrkspace.
3) Since I just need to try the execution of sample code thro' hadoop's
prompt, I wrote a code as::

package h.pkg;

public class PC {

Re: :!!