Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "tesmai4@gmail.com" <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/25 18:21:07 UTC

HDFS data after nodes become unavailable?

Dear all,

I have transferred the data from local storage to HDFS in my 10 nodes
Hadoop cluster. The relication facotr is 3.

Some nodes, say 3,  are not available after some time. I can't use those
nodes for computation or storage of data.

What will happen to the data stored on HDFS of those nodes?

Do I need to remvoe all the data from HDFS and copy it again?

Regards,

Re: HDFS data after nodes become unavailable?

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.
Do you know why the 3 nodes are down ? With replication,  the copy of data
that were hosted on those failed nodes will not be available. However, the
data will still be served by the hosts having the other 2 copies - so I
don't think you need to copy the data again.

Unless for some reason the 3 copies of some data ended up on these nodes,
in which case those will not be available

Maybe you could do a ' hadoop fsck /'  to confirm if the HDFS is healthy.

-Rajesh

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajesh Kartha <ka...@gmail.com>.