Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com> on 2016/09/23 08:16:01 UTC

Dashboard calculations

Hi!

After adding a second cluster to our one-zone-one-pod infrastructure,
I've noticed obviously wrong capacities shown on the dashboard.

I wonder which metrics and settings  are involved for the calculations.

This is how i *guess* the RAM calculations:

1 x 4-node XenServer Cluster w/ each 256G RAM
mem.overprovisioning.factor=1.4
1 x 2-node XenServer Cluster w/ each 512G RAM
mem.overprovisioning.factor=1.1

Available RAM is shown with 1.33T. If I assume HA as n+1 (I don't know
if this counts), the first cluster reduces to 3x256G and the second one
to 1x512G which sums up to 1,25T (closest I can get to 1,33T).
If I additionally respect the overprovisioning factors
(768x1.4+512x1.1) i'ld get 1,6T. Hmmm, doesn't fit.

Interestingly enough the zonedetail page shows 2.37 TB available.

Could someone please shed some light how this is calculated?

Thanks in advance!

cheers,

- Stephan