Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2007/01/02 14:38:08 UTC

Reducing the number of POM artifacts in trunk

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> There is one question: In my opinion we have too many parent poms. The
> configurator is a child of the core-configuration which is a child of
> core which is a child of Cocoon which is a child of the apache root pom.
> Is there any way to simplify this?

Yes I know, that's a real PITA. One option is making
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-modules being the parent of all core modules and
org.apache.cocoon:blocks being the parent of all blocks. (I don't want to reduce
these two POM modules either as they are needed for the site generation.)

But, I don't know if this can cause any problems if the logical hierarchy is
different to the directory structure. Does anybody know? Jorg?

But maybe we should just try it out ;-)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: Reducing the number of POM artifacts in trunk

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> All core modules depend on the core-modules POM now. This means that we only
> have three layers, for example:
>
> trunk/pom.xml ........................ pom artifact
>    core/pom.xml ....................... pom artifact
>      cocoon-xml ....................... no POM at this level anymore
>        cocoon-xml-api/pom.xml ......... jar artifact
>
> The build runs through and also Continuum seems to be happy. We should do the
> same now for blocks and tools.

Thanks Reinhard!

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: Reducing the number of POM artifacts in trunk

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.