Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Day, Jem BGI WAC" <Je...@barclaysglobal.com> on 2001/08/08 19:20:22 UTC

Dumb questions...

Apologies for butting in on the 'dev' group but i couldn't find the answers
these questions on the www site...

1. Is there a single source download that incorporates the entire Avalon
    distribution, the Avalon4.0 release only appears to include the
'framework'.

2. Are the instructions for 'cvs' access stated anywhere.

I'd just like to commend you guys/gals for all the thought you've obviously
put into this framework - good job.

As a side issue i noticed that there are a number of threading/concurrent
components
and utilities, did you take a look at Doug Leas 'Concurrent Programming'
utilities...

http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.h
tml

Jem...

Re: Dumb questions...

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Thu,  9 Aug 2001 03:20, Day, Jem BGI WAC wrote:
> Apologies for butting in on the 'dev' group but i couldn't find the answers
> these questions on the www site...

;)

> 1. Is there a single source download that incorporates the entire Avalon
>     distribution, the Avalon4.0 release only appears to include the
> 'framework'.

Not a recent release - no.

> 2. Are the instructions for 'cvs' access stated anywhere.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html

and download the jakarta-avalon-* modules

> I'd just like to commend you guys/gals for all the thought you've obviously
> put into this framework - good job.

thanks.

> As a side issue i noticed that there are a number of threading/concurrent
> components
> and utilities, did you take a look at Doug Leas 'Concurrent Programming'
> utilities...
>

> http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.
>h tml

Doug Leas work is really good. I guess our package is just for stuff that we
use internally .... we've talked about dumping it and using that package ..
nothing happened about it though ;)

Cheers,

Pete