Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2020/08/05 17:35:34 UTC

Sling Starter switched to the Feature Model

Hi,

With the merge of the two PRs for the Sling Starter [1] and Launchpad-
Testing [2] the Sling starter is now switched to the feature model.

This completes Phase 2, as defined in the migration plan [3]. Please
keep an eye open for regressions, as it "works on my machine and
Jenkins".

As a reminder, for Phase 3 we do have a number of important but
"boring" tasks defined, like documentation, feature model refinements (
Dan already spotted a potential improvement in the PR [4]), and it
would be great if others could pick up some of the tasks.

Thanks,
Robert

[1]: https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-starter/pull/11
[2]: https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-launchpad-testing/pull/2
[3]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Migrating+the+Sling+Starter+to+the+Feature+Model
[4]: https://github.com/apache/sling-org-apache-sling-starter/pull/11#pullrequestreview-461877061

Re: Sling Starter switched to the Feature Model

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
Thanks a lot Robert, looks great at first glance.
Konrad

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2020-08-06 at 11:48 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> I just fixed the Mongo startup instructions in the README, both Oak
> SegmentStore and MongoDB modes work for me now.

Great, thanks Bertrand!

Robert

Re: Sling Starter switched to the Feature Model

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 7:35 PM Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...With the merge of the two PRs for the Sling Starter [1] and Launchpad-
> Testing [2] the Sling starter is now switched to the feature model...

Nice, thank you for this!

I just fixed the Mongo startup instructions in the README, both Oak
SegmentStore and MongoDB modes work for me now.

-Bertrand

Re: Sling Starter switched to the Feature Model

Posted by Eric Norman <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

I have opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-9656 for tracking
the problem.

Regards,
Eric

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Eric Norman <en...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

I think I stumbled upon a regression with the changes done to the build of
the org-apache-sling-launchpad-testing project.  Specifically, if I combine
the "eclipse:eclipse" goal with the "install" or "verify" goal in the same
mvn command line, it results in an error about a duplicate feature file.
This command worked in the past, so maybe you might know what the problem
is?  It appears that the "aggregate-features" goal is getting called twice
during this build scenario and not handling it well.

For example:

*org-apache-sling-launchpad-testing $ **mvn clean eclipse:eclipse verify*

Results in this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.sling:slingfeature-maven-plugin:1.3.6:aggregate-features
(aggregate-features) on project org.apache.sling.launchpad.testing:
Execution aggregate-features of goal
org.apache.sling:slingfeature-maven-plugin:1.3.6:aggregate-features failed: