Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Greg Walters <gr...@answers.com> on 2014/05/09 17:33:15 UTC

Short hangs when doing collection alias updates

Good day list members.

I've got a couple solr clusters in cloud mode that make use of collection aliases for offline indexing that we rotate into when indexing is complete. Every time we rotate we see a huge jump in response time, a couple timeouts and a jump in threads. You can see the results of a rotate at http://i.imgur.com/W1iX5dw.png. It looks like solr is queuing requests it receives while in the middle of updating the alias then servicing them which explains the increase in threads along with response time. Is there a way to update an alias that's currently taking requests without the queuing and response time hit?

Thanks,
Greg